Freestyle Practice Ice is intended for skaters in Freeskate 1, Adult 4 and above to practice their freestyle, Moves in the Field, and other figure skating disciplines.
We run several freestyles all day long. Please refer to the Freestyle Schedule. for any additions, cancellations and length of each session.
The pricing is $8 for 30 minutes.
Some of our more crowded sessions may be available for purchase online or at the desk if needed. When that happens a link to purchase them will be posted here. These sessions will be $8, but FREE to SHSA Practice Only and Practice Plus members both online, and at the desk.
We have two practice options to choose from:
For most sessions there is no need to pre-register. Just stop by the front desk to check-in. During our busier sessions we may require reservations. These sessions will be posted on the website and members will be free of charge.
Drop-in Freestyles will remain $8 for a 30 minute session and can be purchased at the desk. Please create an ONLINE ACCOUNT for a more efficient Check-in experience.
Drop-in Public Sessions will be $8 for skaters 12 and under and $9 for skaters 13 and up.
All sessions will be subject to capacity for safety, and all freestyles will require skaters to be at a minimum of a Freeskate 1 level. All sessions are first come, first serve and membership does not trump drop-in skaters.
Looking for more?
Join our SHSA Practice Plus Classes Membership for all practice sessions and ALL classes that meet your needs.
Visit Our Sky High Skating Academy Page for more details.
All memberships are sold at our front desk only.
Please make sure to create an ONLINE account in our “System” before heading to the rink.
Kettler Capitals Iceplex Freestyle Policies
· All skaters must be at least US Figure Skating Freeskate 1, Adult 4 or higher to skate on any freestyle session, unless otherwise noted.
· Obey all normal freestyle traffic patterns (jumps on the ends, spins in the middle, etc.) This includes dance and moves in the field patterns. No one should stand in the middle of the ice, this includes coaches.
· All skaters should check-in at the front desk before they skate. You will be asked to leave the ice if you are found to have not checked in, even if you are in a lesson.
· Sessions are limited to 28 skaters.
· No back spirals or lifts of any kind can be done on full sessions.
· Non-members may not cross over sessions. Please be mindful of session times when booking private lessons.
· Enter and exit ice through the door only, not the hockey bench.
· Use the program belt while doing your program.
· Yield to the person wearing the program belt.
· Music must be played in an orderly fashion. Students in lessons take priority. On crowded sessions (20+) music may only be played twice.
· Parents and Friends are not allowed in player benches, monitor boxes, or to stand in the doorway; “coaching” your child from the sidelines is prohibited. Please ask your child to leave the ice if you need to speak with them.
All skaters, coaches and parents are asked to be kind and respectful toward each other both on and off the ice. An employee may ask the skater to leave if these rules are not being followed. Thank you for helping Kettler Capitals Iceplex maintain a positive and fun figure skating environment.
Only Kettler Capitals Iceplex coaches are allowed to teach Private Lessons. Any guest coaches must email the Skating Director to request privileges.